Call kami: +60 17-349 0959
Introduction of CIDB Green Card
The CIDB Green Card is a certification Malaysia’s Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) issued.
This certification is given to individuals who have completed a specific training program related to construction safety and health and have passed a test on the subject matter.
The Green Card proves that the holder has received proper training and understands the importance of safety and health in the construction industry.
Therefore, it is often required for individuals working in the construction industry in Malaysia to have a valid CIDB Green Card.
1. What is CIDB green card
The CIDB Green Card is a certification program issued by Malaysia’s Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB).
It is designed to ensure that individuals working in the construction industry have a basic understanding of safety and health in the workplace.
The program consists of a training course and an exam and covers topics such as safety equipment, hazard identification, and accident prevention.
Employers often require a Green Card as proof that their workers have completed the necessary training and have a basic knowledge of safety and health regulations.
a. Who need CIDB Green Card
In Malaysia, workers in the construction industry must hold a valid CIDB Green Card. This includes local and foreign workers involved in construction-related work, such as construction site supervisors, skilled workers, and laborers.
Employers in the construction industry are legally required to ensure that their workers hold a valid CIDB Green Card before allowing them to work on-site.
The CIDB Green Card proves that the worker has received proper training and has a basic understanding of safety and health regulations in the construction industry.
It is an essential requirement to ensure a safe and healthy working environment in the construction industry.
The attachment below shows the groups that need to have a CIDB Green Card:
- Construction Workers
- Crane Driver
- Lorry driver
b. Benefits of CIDB Green Card
There are several benefits to holding a Green Card CIDB in Malaysia, including:
- Compliance with legal requirements: Workers in the construction industry must hold a valid CIDB Card, so having one ensures compliance with legal requirements.
- Improved safety and health: The training course and exam cover topics related to safety and health in the construction industry, so holding a CIDB Card demonstrates that the holder has a basic understanding of these critical issues.
- Enhanced employability: Many employers in the construction industry require workers to hold a valid CIDB Card, so having one can enhance employability and make it easier to find work.
- Professional development: Completing the CIDB Card training course and passing the exam can contribute to the professional development of workers in the construction industry.
- Renewal opportunities: The CIDB Card is valid for five (5) years. Hence, renewal opportunities allow workers to update their knowledge and stay current with changes in safety and health regulations in the construction industry.
c. CIDB Green card requirement
To obtain a CIDB Card in Malaysia, individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Age: Individuals must be at least 18 years old.
- Physical and mental fitness: Individuals must be physically and mentally fit to complete the training course and exam.
- Language proficiency: Individuals must understand the language used in the training course and exam. In Malaysia, the language used is typically Malay, but some training providers may offer the system in other languages.
- Attendance: Individuals must attend the CIDB Card training course, which usually lasts two days.
- Exam: Individuals must pass the exam at the end of the training course to obtain the CIDB Card.
It is important to note that individuals must also renew their CIDB Card every five (5) years by attending a refresher course and passing a new exam.
2. CIDB Green Card Renewal
In Malaysia, CIDB Card renewal is required every 1-5 years to ensure that workers in the construction industry are up-to-date with safety and health regulations. To renew a CIDB Card, individuals must follow these steps:
It is important to note that individuals must renew their CIDB Card before it expires. Failure to do so may result in a penalty, and individuals may need to retake the entire CIDB Green Card training course to obtain a new card.
Therefore, it is essential to keep track of the expiration date of your CIDB Card and plan to renew it on time.
a. How to renew CIDB Green Card Online
Each renewal of the CIDB green card requires several steps, from filling in the information on the Rentakabiz website until you receive the CIDB Card by post.
This green card renewal process is also done online; every step required is easy to understand.
This process indirectly makes it easier to renew your CIDB Card. Restore a CIDB Card only requires six steps such as:
- Step 1: Fill in the information on the renewal form
- Step 2: Make payments online
- Step 3: The card renewal process will be processed
- Step 4: Get CIDB temporary pass
- Step 5: The completed Green Card will be sent by post
- Step 6: Receive a CIDB construction personnel card
b. CIDB Green Card renewal fee 2023
Here are the CIDB card renewal fee for 2023 according to 1-5 years:
- 1 Year = RM 85.00
- 2 Years = RM 135.00
- 3 Years = RM 185.00
- 4 Years = RM 225.00
- 5 Years = RM 250.00
3. CIDB Green Card New Application
Effective on 1st June 2015, it is mandatory for all workers involved in construction works to be registered with CIDB as Construction Personnel, i.e., by having a CIDB Card.
Suppose you do not yet have a green card and are involved in construction work. In that case, you must register for a CIDB Card so that in the event of an accident at the construction site, you are eligible to receive protection under the CIDB Group Construction Personnel Takaful Plan.
a. CIDB Green Card Course
i. Why Take This Course?
CIDB Card (Construction Personnel Registration Card) issued by CIDB. It is the only Safety Passport that all construction workers must have when working on a Construction Site.
To have this card, workers are required to attend the SICW (Safety Induction for Construction Workers) course. After attending this course, employees are asked to download a certificate of attendance when applying for a CIDB Card.
REMINDER: If there is no certificate of this course, the employee is not eligible to apply for a CIDB Green Card.
ii. Main Requirements for CIDB Application (Construction Personnel Card)?
- Applicants must work in the construction industry AND carry out construction work.
- Applicants aged 18 and above
- Applicants attend the Safety Induction Course (SICW) For Construction Workers or equivalent.
- Comply with other written laws or policies set by the government
b. How to apply for CIDB Green Card
RentakaBiz provides online services for new registration applications for CIDB construction personnel cards. All information for the cardholder is filled in, and payment is made online only.
The online application concept proved to be faster and easier for users. With this facility, the green card application can be made without queueing at the CIDB counter again. For new applications, the six steps involved are as below:
- Step 1: Fill in Cardholder Information
- Step 2: Make Payments online
- Step 3: The new registration process for the green card will be processed
- Step 4: Receive CIDB temporary pass
- Step 5: Completed Green Card sent by post
- Step 6: Receive a CIDB Card
c. CIDB Green Card application form
To apply for a new CIDB Card through the online form, you can click the New Application button below:-
d. CIDB Green Card new application fee 2023
Here are the CIDB Card price for 2023 according to 1-5 years:
- Courses + 1 Year Card Period = RM 150.00
- Courses + 2 Year Card Period = RM 185.00
- Courses + 3 Year Card Period = RM 235.00
- Courses + 4 Year Card Period = RM 275.00
- Courses + 5 Year Card Period = RM 310.00
4. CIDB Green Card Replacement
You can apply for a new replacement card if your CIDB Card is damaged or lost. This service is also available on RentakaBiz in the “Card Replacement” section.
For this process, you need to do things like below:
- Step 1: Fill in the information of the green card holder
- Step 2: Make Payments online
- Step 3: A new replacement process for the green card will be processed
- Step 4: Receive CIDB temporary pass
- Step 5: Completed replacement Green Card sent by post
- Step 6: Receive a Green Card CIDB replacement
a. CIDB Green Card expired
If your CIDB Green Card has expired, you will need to renew it to continue working in the construction industry in Malaysia.
b. CIDB Green Card validity
The CIDB Green Card is valid for three years from the issue date. After the expiry date, the cardholder must renew their CIDB Green Card by attending a refresher course and passing the Green Card CIDB exam again.
It is important to note that the Green Card CIDB is not transferable and can only be used by the cardholder whose name appears on the card.
Employers and contractors are responsible for ensuring that their workers possess a valid Green Card CIDB before allowing them to work on construction sites. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in penalties or legal action.
Therefore, cardholders need to keep track of their Green Card CIDB expiry date and renew it before it expires to avoid disruptions to their construction industry employment.
c. CIDB Green Card Lost
Anyone who has lost their Green Card CIDB can apply for a replacement card. The process for card replacement is the same as making a new application.
Only the price charged for Green Card CIDB replacement depends on how often the card is issued, either the first, second, or third, and so on.
d. CIDB Green Card replacement fee 2023
Here are the CIDB Green Card replacement fee for 2023 according to 1-2 & 3 and times.
- 1 replacement time = RM 120.00
- 2 replacement times = RM 240.00
- 3 & above replacement times = RM 360.00